Author Interrupted would like to welcome Lucy Pirel to the blog. Her brand new book came out last night! And she’s very kindly provided us with a recipe to match her book’s theme!
“These eight short stories revolve around obsession, revenge, craving, love, and Death.
Whether it be a woman in need of rescue, a man who hungers for his wife, a demon lost, or wishes come true, all characters want something. Badly.
But … You can’t always get what you want, but you might just get what you need.”
Underneath the veneer of humanity lies a darkness. A Menu of Death is a collection of eight short stories that explore what is hidden. Would you do what it takes to obtain your darkest desires? Wishes gone wrong, unhealthy obsessions, and cravings to satiate. A Menu of Death will take you on a blood-curdling journey that you may not survive.
Once you have, check out Lucy’s amazing recipe of Blood with eyeballs!
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Fresh tomatoes
- Cube of vegetable broth
- Miniature balls of mozzarella
- Olives stuffed with red pimento
- Gently fry the chopped tomatoes in some olive oil, add a crumbled cube vegetable broth and as much water to make a soup. Let simmer and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the mozzarella balls and olives in half. Make a small hole in the cheese to insert the half olives creating the eyes.
- Add the eyes just before serving.